We are striving to make the Minnesota Half Marathon one of the best running events in the state of Minnesota – an experience for the community and running enthusiasts to be truly proud of. To do this, we need the support of enthusiastic volunteers like you! So if you have an interest in being a part of this event, we welcome you aboard.
All volunteers receive a commemorative event tee & refreshments.
MHM & 5K:
1. Packet Pick Up / Expo - Friday, August 2nd from 9:30 am to 7:30 pm
At the Crowne Plaza Hotel in the Governors Suite located on the lower level at 11 East Kellogg in downtown St. Paul.
Most of the competitors will pick up their materials on Friday at the expo. Loads of excited and nervous racers to talk with. Always an inspiring place to help out.
2. Race Day Registration & Packet Pick Up - Saturday, August 3rd at Upper Landing located at Shepard Road & Eagle St in the plaza just east of the condominiums along the Mississippi River. Time is 5:00 a.m. to 9 a.m. Beautiful setting along the Mississippi River with the St. Paul cityscape on top of you. This is race day so excitement is guaranteed!
3. Start / Finish / Timing - Saturday, August 3rd at Upper Landing located in the plaza just east of the condominiums on Shepard Road at Eagle St along the Mississippi River. Volunteer time is 6:30 a.m. to 11:30. (Amount and start/finish times vary a bit depending on whether you help with start, finish or timing or a combination of both. Help participants get in the right start waves, assist with finish medals, removal of timing chip, and other duties. Rub elbows with the competitors.
4. Water Aid Stations: Saturday, Aug 3rd from 6:30 a.m. to noon. Includes preparing the water and aid for the racers, handing it out and cleaning up. Lots of energy here as you get a front row seat to see and cheer on all the competitors.
5. Set up / Tear down: Contact us with your availablilty for Friday set up, or Saturday tear down and we will plug you into a time frame.
Time frame for Friday set up of banners and other event visuals starts around noon and finishes around 8:00 p.m. Saturday set up starts as early as 4:00 a.m. w/water aid station set up to 6:00 a.m. for course signage / safety signage set up. Tear down of course signage starts at 9:00 a.m. and finishes by noon. Take pride in being part of the beautiful look of the Minnesota Half Marathon & 5K!
6. Refreshments: Saturday, August 3 for distribution and clean up. On Saturday the time is 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Who doesn't want to be around food and feed the hungry inline skate and run participants?
7. Awards on Saturday, August 3rd: Assist with managing the handing out of the awards to all the overall and age group winners. Time is 8:00 a.m. to around 11:00 a.m. Shake hands with the fastest participants!
8. Gear bags: Saturday, August 3rd from 6:00 a.m. to noon. Help folks by taking, organizing and handing back participant's (non-race) gear bags. Site is in the race village near the start and finish areas so you'll hear and see all the pre-race nerves and post race celebrations!
9. We need a handful of volunteers dedicated to the 5K. The 5K event at the Minnesota Half Marathon & 5K needs your help from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.